Saturday, January 25, 2014

Secrets

Secrets can be so much fun.  I love planning a surprise party.  I have such a hard time not spilling the beans to the person that I am planning the party for.  Just ask my husband, Brian.  He can always tell when I am up to something.  It is written all over my face.  

I have found, more often than not,  secrets are not fun, rather they are painful and destructive.  And, just like the fun secrets, they are written all over my face, or should I say my body.  Here is the hard truth...I eat in secret.  I eat because of secrets.  I eat to keep my secrets and protect myself.  Some days I feel that if I don't fill my mouth with food the secrets will come spilling out.  Know the feeling?  

Keeping those secrets have allowed me to continue to believe that I do not deserve the grace God has to offer to me.  I don't deserve to live in the freedom Jesus paid for with His blood.  I don't deserve to become who God has created me to be.  Those secrets have kept me shacked to my past and not allowed me to live in the present that Christ is providing for me.  I will no longer keep my secrets.  

Now I am not going to get all crazy and long onto Facebook and spill the beans about my secrets.  However, what I am going to do is admit to Jesus what He already knows and allow His sweet love and spirit to heal me from the damage of keeping those secrets.  I am not going to feed those secrets with food anymore.  I am going to diminish my secrets with God's word, worship, and praise.  I am going to dance and raise my hands to the One who deserves all the praise.  Will you join me? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svRqFGJ-aC0

No comments:

Post a Comment